Friday, January 3, 2014

Baby Unicorns and Friday Nights

The title of this blog post will only make sense after you’ve seen the video below. It will leave you chuckling for days. You’ll have to listen again…and again…

I’m often late to discover things. TED talks started in 1984. They’ve been on the web since 2007. My husband and oldest son knew about them – or so they told me when I so exuberantly came to enlighten them with my find early last year! The first one I listened to was Brene Brown, who I’ve posted here before. Another one that really moved me is this one by Shawn Achor. I’ve posted it on Facebook a couple of times (cause I really, really, really like him…but not in a stalker-ish or otherwise awkward way at all). His talk is pertinent now because it’s where I got four of my New Year’s Resolutions (the fifth one I already do).

The reason these people are so impressive to me is that they are researchers. They aren’t warm and fuzzy self-help gurus pitching their next of 200 books. They do write…but in moderation…and they’re smart, dedicated, conscientious, socially responsible people. They’re people I want to know and be. And they’re hilarious, which makes listening to them even more fun. Rich and I attended TEDx Omaha this fall. Look for one in your city. They’re inspiring, moving and fun – a day well spent.  They’ll make you an even better person than you are right now. Promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment