Thursday, February 28, 2013

Potato PotAto

I’ve always enjoyed baked potatoes. Now, I don’t just have your standard baked potato, though – I make a meal out of it! This is a perfect meatless meal (if you take off the bacon). It’s so versatile – you can add just about anything to this. I’m not including nutrition facts because there are so many things you could add and there may be some things you want to take off of mine. Be creative! When I make these, I will make a couple of extras to take to work during the week. I would so much rather take something like this than something prepackaged or canned.

I use Yukon Gold potatoes and wash them really well. While they’re still wet, I put a little coarse sea salt on the outside. Make sure to pierce them with a knife or fork so they don’t explode in the oven.  Is there anything worse than cleaning the oven? I think it’s even worse than the bathroom because you have to be a contortionist to get every nook and cranny in there. What was I saying now? Oh, yes, the potatoes – bake them at 350 degrees for about an hour.

This is what’s on the potato in the picture:

  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp sour cream
  • 1 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • 7 g real bacon bits


In the past, I’ve also added things like peas and broccoli. Whatever you choose to add, this is a great, satisfying meal that fills you up for a long time. Besides that, the flavor is amazing. You can’t ask for more than that! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment